Tuesday, March 4, 2014

03/04: Finding Nemo

With all the hype of the Oscars dying down, I figured I might as well right a review with a film with Ellen DeGeneres in it. Mr. Wrong? Haven't seen it nor do I want to see it right away. EdTv? Haven't seen it just yet. Finding Nemo stands out as one of the greatest animated classics for (I guess its safe to say) the generation below me.

If you've seen the movie, you'll know right away after watching it the message is 'hope'. Let's hope this will happen. Let's hope we can find Nemo. Red once said in The Shawshank Redemption, "Hope drives a man insane." Not to be 'Negative Nancy' in any way, but miracles don't always happen. Sometimes they do though. A short rundown of the story: A father-son fish duo are separated when he lets his son Nemo go to school. You see, Marlin, the dad is overprotective after what happened to Nemo's mother years back. Along the way to 'finding Nemo', Marlin meets a spazzy, ditzy, klutzy Dory (DeGeneres) who unbelievably leads him to an obstacle course to get to their destination.

Truly a great family and kids movie that will go on for generations. Its too bad something like Pixar didn't exist well when I was little. But they still came out when I was young, fresh out of my teens. As much as I hate to say it, its sad to see, in my humble opinion, Pixar beginning to decline. I personally don't think Finding Nemo needs a sequel, as Finding Dory is due to come out two years from now. Sure, the sequel thing worked with Toy Story, but then again, Pixar has always proved everyone wrong and leaving their critics silent. Bring it on.

My rating: 7 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment