Monday, January 20, 2014

01/20: V.I. Warshawski

This was another cheap movie I bought for $3 on Blu-Ray at Slackers. I think I got my money's worth. Not saying the movie was good or bad, but so-so. It was supposed to be the continuation of Kathleen Turner's hot streak - which ended with this movie. I wonder if there were any sharks outside that boat explosion because this was where it jumped (her career). Many believe she could have been a greater star throughout the 90s and beyond.

So about the story: V.I. (Turner) meets a man at the bar, who happens to be an ex-pro hockey player and they have a fling and he meets his daughter. The man gets killed in a boat explosion and now she is stuck with his wisecracking, cussing daughter who she can't bear to be with. They eventually team up to find the mystery of how it happened. I just feel something was missing from this movie and I don't know what it was. Maybe it was the sex appeal, I don't know. It just seemed kind of dull, and I don't know if more action would have been the answer.

Little to my knowledge, this movie was based on a comic book character with the same name. I was not familiar with it.

My rating: 5 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment