Friday, January 10, 2014

01/10: Julie & Julia

This was the movie that inspired me to do this blog in the first place. Yes, I know I am not the first person to come up with 'movie/flick/film of the day' but I thought I would just 'do my thingggg'. 

Meryl Streep and Amy Adams star in this comedy/drama that was supposedly a true story. The way the movie documents itself was alright. But it is told in two separate parts, interweaving each other, with one thing in common. (Think The Godfather Part II) Both storylines have to do with one's rise to fame or their talent. Many of us know who Julia Child was. I knew who she was, but not very much since I don't really cook. Nor did I ever watch a cooking show. 

Adams' character writes a blog about making EVERY recipe out of Julia Child's signature cookbook. She slowly gains a fan following and the rest is history. Her character, by the way, is based on Julie Powell, who did this in real life. Her ultimate dream was to meet and do many things with Julia Child (who was still alive at the time, though she was already deceased by the time the movie was made). You'll just have to watch and find out. An inspirational movie if you are all about setting goals and getting things done, or if you're into such a fantasy.


My rating: 6 out of 10

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment