Sunday, January 12, 2014

01/12: Carriers

Until a few days ago, I had never heard of this movie. I was actually given this movie by Flixster as part of their 'get free 3 UV movies' program and this was randomly selected by them. But I was satisfied though, since it was free (even if it was in standard definition). I soon watched it later that day.

Looking at the cast, the only 2 familiar names were Piper Perabo (you know, that chick from Coyote Ugly) and Chris Pine. The movie was put out in 2009, same year as Pine's 'Star Trek' reboot which arguably made him famous. I'm sure 'Carriers' wasn't meant to be a great follow-up but yet something low-key for Pine's career.

I've told people that most zombie movies are the same. They have the same concept: they kill people, they chase after them, and at times, people strike back at them. And either way, zombies are deadly. Another reason I feel that way is because most zombie movies are set in post-apocalyptic times. I know a lot of you will probably yell at me as others have (and still do!) but I have never seen ONE episode of 'Walking Dead'. My brother-in-law says my opinion about zombie shows will change once I start watching the series.

'Carriers' is not necessarily a zombie movie. Yes there are some in there. But if you are expecting a horror gore-fest, you'll be out of luck. And maybe that's a good thing. To me, it was just another boring drama which was supposed to be more personal. Pretty much the whole movie consists of killing people (sometimes random) and hope (or lack thereof). Luckily it was under 80 minutes.

My rating: 4 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment