Friday, April 4, 2014

04/04: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World

When this movie came out, my question to all was: 'Who is Scott Pilgrim, and am I supposed to know about him?'. Well, it turns out I wasn't a comic person, and if you were, you knew who he was. I also thought this was going to be a series of some sort, but who knows.

Basically, its about Scott (Michael Cera) who is hoping to win the heart of a girl named Ramona (Mary Elizabeth Winstead). But he must defeat her seven exes, in order. In return, he gets a gold coin, Mario-style (laughs). Scott plays for a band called Sex Bob-omb, and is based in Canada (Ramona is American). Simply put, he goes out of his way to not let them stand in his way of getting Ramona.

I'd say the movie was different, in terms of comic-book movies. In a good way, that is. Let it be known I am not much of a fan of Michael Cera. I don't have any vendetta on him, I just don't think he's that great of an actor, nor do I think he shows personality in his roles. But, he plays Scott pretty well. This movie is also known for its envelope pushing. How often do we see a real battle of the sexes? I also like that this movie was fast-paced, and who can forget the Nintendo old-school stuff brought into the film?

Great college/teen comedy. May want to keep your kids out for this one. All ages.

My rating: 7 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment