Tuesday, May 6, 2014

05/06: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

If you asked me what my favorite Star Wars movie is, it would be this one. Why, you ask? I'm not sure why, maybe because I think all of the films in the original trilogy have been overly praised, especially Empire Strikes Back. Maybe if I watch all of them a few more times, my opinion may change. I believe its because this was really the one where Anakin got evil, or in Star Wars terms, 'the darrrrrrrkkkk sidddeee'.

And evil he became. Assuming that you, the reader, have seen the other five Star Wars films to date, you maybe already know what happens. We know something happens to Padme, formerly Queen Amidala. We know Luke and Leia are also born. We know Yoda and Obi-Wan go to exile. When the movie starts, Obi-Wan and his apprentice, Anakin Skywalker, are still buddies. But the marriage, which happened at the end of the last episode movie, between Anakin and Padme, is kept secret from all the Jedis. This is because of the rules in the Jedi Council, which is ill-fated.

I don't want to get too 'carried away' in explaining the plot as several things happen, and I'd just be telling the whole movie right there. After I saw it at the theater in 2005, I thought I saw the whole story. That is until 2012, when it was announced (the same day about Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm) that there will be another trilogy released. So, needless to say, I'm one of tens of millions of Star Wars fans who are more than thrilled. However, we're not sure how great it will be with George Lucas taking a minor role and having the golden boy J.J. Abrams having a huge part of it. I'll put it to you this way: it will either be really good or really bad. To disappoint or not to disappoint.

Rest assured, all the pieces of the puzzle are explained in this movie. This will be the last Star Wars review I do for a long time, so definitely stay tuned! And yes, I highly recommend watching all the movies. I'm still not sure what I'd recommend as far as what order to see them.

My rating: 8 out of 10
Tomatometer: 80%

No comments:

Post a Comment